Thursday, September 29, 2011







This series of photos shows lighting, shadows, shape, and depth in numerical quantities one through five. It shows the color contrast between the bright spicy, warm-looking chilies and the white rough paper. The sun casts a nice cool shadow on them pronouncing the forms. My favorite photo out of the series is the first bell pepper because it has a very soothing color and it is in main focus. One problem I had to face with this shoot was the fact that it took place outside and on the ground so naturally a colony of ants decide to walk all over my canvas! But I ended up moving to a clearer area on the side walk and finished my shoot with better luck.

1 comment:

  1. Sonya, great job. When I first viewed your photographic series, I was already captured by the bright colors contrasting the background. I cannot believe I didn't realize you used paper as your background, you may have been the only one I have seen so far who actually took that suggestion of manipulating the background in that way. Despite your troubles with the ants, I enjoyed the cast shadows from your forms. I also agree the first photograph is good; I wonder if a different arrangement of the peppers would have allowed you to capture the other images at a closer proximity, like maybe in a circle?

    ReplyDelete